Ross Martin’s Racing Career
Ross is widely considered as the most exciting young driver in Scotland and one of the best in the UK. Ambitious, fresh and undeniably talented, Ross is a mature confident sportsman – extremely passionate about his raining career.
Stand out attributes
- A Winner, won races at the top level in MSA British Championship and in Europe.
- Mentored by Dave Boyce, who helped start the careers of Allan McNick, David Coulthard and more recently Harrison Newey.
- MSA Driver, selected by the British Governing body to represent the UK in the CIK FIA Academy Trophy.
- An MSA Academy member, helping with nutrition, fitness and race preparation.
- 2017 Formula Ford 1600 Scotland Championship Winner
At the start of the year Ross was approached by Graham Brunton Racing to test one of their many highly tuned ff160 cars at a very cold and wet Knockhill racing circuit. Impressed, Ross signed to the team later that day.
This lead to Ross competing in, and winning the SMRC Scottish ff1600 Championship with all rounds taking place at Knockhill. Ross also competed in the BRSCC 2017 National ff1600 Championship. With race dates in the two Championships clashing, Ross wasn’t able to compete in every round of the National Championship. Nevertheless, Ross impressed achieving many podiums and a race win.
Ross was also a winner of a Mazda Road to Indy shoutout ticket.
This was a difficult season for Ross. What started as a promising run following successful tests with Fortec Motorsport in the British F4 Championship. Ross competed at Brands Hatch, Donington and Thruxton. Unfortunately Ross’ principal sponsor had to pull out of sponsorship, ending what was shaping up to be a promising season. Undeterred Ross returned to karting in the OK Senior class to make sure he could continue to race and improve.
Ross competed in the Formula Kart Stars Championship with a dominating performance. Ross won 7 of the 10 round series, including 9 podiums. At the end of the season Ross began testing Formula 4.
- Selected by MSA to join MSA academy
- 6th in the CIK FIA Academy World Championship
- Joins Forza to compete in the CIK Euro Championship
- 16th in the CIK Euro Championship
- Race win in Round 3 (Sweden) of Euro Championship
- Rookie year in Juniors
- 4th in the MSA British Junior Championship
- 3 Podiums, 1 pole and 4 fastest laps
- 5th in Euro Supercup
- 6th in MSA British Cadet Kart Championship
- 6 Podiums, 2 race wins
- Highest independant in championship
- 11th in MSA British Cadet Kart Championship
- Numerous Fastest Lap and heat wins
- Highest independant in Championship
- NFK National Champion
- CKRC Club Champion
- WSKC Club Champion
- CKRC Champion of Champions Winner
- Started Karting in September
- Won 4 out of 5 Novice Trophies